Yoga of the Heart ® – Cardiac and Cancer Certification Training
Nischala Joy Devi
Would you like to share yoga with those at risk for, or living with, heart disease, cancer and other life-altering illnesses? Taught by renowned expert Nischala Joy Devi, this training includes theory and practice of asana, pranayama, deep relaxation, imagery and meditation as applied to disease and general health. If focuses on the proven approach of allowing the heart to expand through compassion and love for self and others.
This Training also Addresses:
- How to safely tailor the practices for the individual
- The psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of disease
- How to interface with the medical community
- The virtues of a low-fat vegetarian diet
- Basic anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular and immune systems.
Each day of the training includes adaptive hatha yoga, practices classes, group meditation and discussion. Upon successful completion, you leave with the skills needed to teach yoga in a hospital or clinic setting, on an individual basis and in your own health-care practice.
See website for course rates, accommodations, registration, and more information.
More about Yoga of the Heart with Nischala Joy Devi: